May 16, 2008

Friday Meme.

I've been tagged by the very sweet and hilariously funny, Shannon.

Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals.


1. I worked as a 411 operator for 8 years, and at that job, I got to hear people chewing food in my ear, peeing into the toilet, screaming at the top of their lungs, etc. and, I was called every nasty name in the book. It's amazing how awful people will treat someone when they know they're somewhat anonymous.

2. One of my goals is to become very fit. I want to become a runner- one day making it to the Boston Marathon. Currently, I run at a speed of 6.3 for about 30 seconds for every 10 minutes of walking on the treadmill. So by age 55 or so I should be ready for the starting line.

3. When I was little, after seeing Jaws for the first time, I was paranoid just taking a bath. Even weirder, Jaws is now my favorite movie.

4. I have been mugged. I was living in my first apartment in a crappy part of town, and was approached in broad daylight while walking home from work, punched a couple times in the face, and my jewelry was yanked from around my neck and fingers.

5. One of my favorite things to do is visit Open Houses. I'm not looking for a new home, I have Nosy-Neighboritis. I also love to be in the car at night, and catch a glimpse of the inside of people's houses while riding by. I swear I'm not a stalker- I just like to see your cabinets and decor.

6. When Noah was born, the nurse and doctor at the hospital were giving us our instructions for care before we went home.
Give him a sponge bath - check.
Put diaper cream on - check.
Apply alcohol to the belly button - check.
When we got to the part about the circumcision, I asked "do you put alcohol on that, too?" My husband and the doctor both looked at each other in shear horror, hands automatically dropping protectively to their crotches, as though I threatened to dip their own junk into hot lava... "dear God, no! Whatever you do, don't do that!"

In my defense, 4 days prior I went through 10 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing to no avail, a scary and urgent c-section, and a morphine drip that I seriously considered smuggling from the hospital. Cut me some slack.

7. I have saved every card, note and letter from my husband.

8. One day, I hope to get the nerve to sing on stage. I've always wanted to be like Ann Wilson from Heart.

9. About a year after High School, my friend Danyel and I got the crazy idea to move to Florida. We crammed my '80 Honda Civic hatchback with as much junk as we could fit, and drove. Our first stop on the way was in Delaware.
We stayed in a place that reminded me so much of the Bates Motel, I would not shower there. I'm convinced there may have been a murder in our room at one point, as there was a large, ominous, dark amoeba-like stain on the ancient carpet. Our night consisted of sitting half asleep in our beds, afraid to come into contact with the bed linens, as a mouse ate through every ounce of food that we brought with us. We went back to Massachusetts the next day.


10. I have a huge goal...I want to live in Ireland one day. Even if it's just for a couple years or so. I love it there.


Members of the OC, I tag you - It's Friday, do a meme! :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That was a great list!

I would've pooped my pants if I were ever mugged. Wow...I can't believe you were honest to goodness mugged.

LMAO at driving back to Massachusetts after your stay at the Bates Motel.

meanderings said...

I agree - you have a great list. It's been fun reading everyone's.