February 24, 2010

I don't even know how to lead into this story, so I'll just blurt it out. We've been going through a lot here at our house lately. We recently found out that my husband has a brain tumor. His team of doctors are confident it's not cancer, and that they will be able to remove most, if not all of the tumor. He did a week-long stint at MGH in Boston for extended EEG testing a couple weeks ago, and now we wait for a surgery date. During this time, Noah has had some crazy blood sugars and I'm pretty sure the stress and worry about what's going on with his dad is a huge contributing factor, so I'm trying my best to be extremely positive.

But really? I feel like a swimmer caught in the undertow. I honestly don't know how to take on this much.

I don't know how much time I'll have to blog, but I know it helps to have a place to vent it all, so I may just be a little blogging machine. We'll see.

12 comments:

pancreasmom said...

I am sending you strength (of which you already have an abundance) and love (even though I don't know you and you don't know me) and really good thoughts, wishes and a little laughter and smiles to occur duing this hard time. I hope all goes well with your husband.

positive energy coming your way!!

Kelly said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Reading your post gave me chills....I've been wondering how you are all doing...I'm so sorry this is happening. ((HUGS))

meanderings said...

Lea, I'm sorry.
You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Leighann of D-Mom Blog said...

Thinking of you.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Wow I'm so sorry! Keep us posted!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh! I hated reading that! Just take one day at a time! Praying for the best!

Maggie said...

Hi,
My name is Maggie. I am an 8th grader from clemmons middle school. I have to blog for homework in my rnglish class. I was looking through other peoples blog when i found yours. I read your story and only wish to send u hope and joy. I personally have not been through anything like that. But i do have a chronic disease and all i want to say is keep fighting and never give up no matter what!

Bernard said...

Lea

I just read this today, oh mercy. I will be saying the strongest prayers I know how that the tumor is completely benign. Please let me know if there's ANYTHING I can do.

Pam said...

Lea,
I want to let you know that I will be praying for you and your entire family. It is hard enough to go through something like all of this but it is harder on the ones watching it happening. So my prayers are with the entire family.

Unknown said...

I believe in the miraculous. I believe in the God of Miracles. I stand with you and do pray for a cure, but greater than jsut a cure, I pray for your Son's healing. I am not a religious person but I do bleieve that I have a relationship with a supernatural God. I am honored to request of Him your son's deliverance from this disease. Be encouraged. I trust your miracle is on its way. :)

Maria@ChicaBellaCrafts said...

I stumbled upon your blog as I was surfing the net. I pray that you find strength and courage to overcome your difficulties and that things will begin to get better for you and your family. Happy Easter and God Bless your family.

meanderings said...

Hi Lea,
Just want you to know that you all continue to be in my prayers.