July 7, 2008

Ten


It seems like just yesterday, I counted to ten.

Ten little perfect fingers and ten tiny, wrinkled toes.

How could that precious life I could hold in the crook of one arm grow so fast?

Ten years of birthday cakes. Blue's Clues, Harry Potter, Star Wars.

It's gone by in a flash.

Ten years of milestones.

Funny faces, skinned knees, croup, making friends, hugs & kisses, bedtime prayers, time-outs, first days of school, talks at the table, days at the beach.

Ten years, and I'm amazed by the person Noah is growing into. He is silly and serious. Compassionate and crazy. Loving, trusting, eager to learn, and wickedly smart.

Ten years ago today, as I held my newborn Noah, I could only imagine the kind of person he was to become. My imagination pales in comparison to the awesome kid Noah is.

I can only imagine what the next ten years will bring.

4 comments:

..M.. said...

Happy birthday Noah!! :)

Isn't it freaky how fast they grow up? Everyone said that to me when I was a kid but I thought they were nuts. It seemed to go so slowly then... but not from this side of the fence!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Noah!!!!

What kind of birthday plans are in store?

Major Bedhead said...

Happy birthday, Noah!!

My oldest just turned 20. *gulp*


Great sand sculpture.

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday Noah!