November 20, 2008

D-boogeyman

Noah told me he had a dream about someone coming into his room and setting his pump to give him a bunch of insulin. In the dream, he tested his blood sugar and watched as the numbers crept lower, and lower, until the last number he saw was a 5.

I asked him, "then what happened"? He replied, "I died".

I have to admit, it freaked me out so much that a chill ran through me. I thought to myself, "where the heck is this coming from, and what brought it on?" I asked him if he's worried about going low in the night, and maybe that's why he dreamed that, but he said "nah...you guys always protect me from everything".

Well, not everything, but we try.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh man....that IS scary. I had chills just reading it. It is heartwarming to know he believes you are always there to catch his lows in the night, but heart breaking to hear that he knows you must be. (HUGS)

George said...

Ugh, i got chills too.

At least he feels safe. That is a good thing.

Freaky dream though.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Wowsers. That is pretty deep...gave me the chills too!

meanderings said...

Isn't it neat that he feels so protected by mom and dad?

Bernard said...

That's a d-dream that I've never had. I'm glad he didn't seem too bothered by it.

Alidre said...

You ok, there? Haven't seen a blog post since November...hope all is ok :)

(Just a silent reader:) )

Shannon said...

WoW! That made me get the chills.I panic in the morning when my 4 year old diabetic is still sleeping, like every other DParent does. It is hard to hear that they worry about it too! Crazy!

I am new here by the way. I am just blog hopping. Trying to see what I can learn from all you other Dparents! My daughter was just diagnosed in November. I have LOTS to learn still! :)